1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Craps The Captain of craps is real

Discussion in 'Craps Forum' started by SCAN, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Frank Scoblete

Frank Scoblete Active Member Founding Member

"So are you saying that the reason that the captains secret is still being kept...its because he only hung out with writers?"

What?

Honor code among gamblers? Never heard of the concept of an "honor code" among gamblers; key word being code. I think you are going way out with your interpretation of what I wrote and I am in agreement with appistappis that you should focus on the horseradish king instead of the Captain.

2. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

well first you mis-understand what appi wrote. He just commented on what HIS "interest" is. A simple statement. He didnt suggest what I should and shouldnt "focus" on.
    According to him the HK carries more weight than the captain.
    A very savvy commentary

And you did say gamblers have no code of honor, using the 51k theft as an example. Therefore if the "captain" asked a bunch of gamblers to keep his secret.....it is nonsensical according to you to think that all those gamblers would do the honorable thing.

So the question stands....did the captain just hang around writers who according to your adhere to the code of honor.

3. jbs

jbs Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder who the real "ploppy" is!!

4. Frank Scoblete

Frank Scoblete Active Member Founding Member

5. superrick

superrick Active Member Founding Member

Larry, I couldn't have said it better myself. Frank's argument on the subject of the Captain is just ridiculous. Frank claims the man is dead, so what different does it make to come out with his name?

If the Captain is to live on in history, Frank needs to tell everybody who he was, otherwise how can anybody believe the story that nobody ever saw happen. There was 30 or more people standing around that craps table when that roll supposedly happened and nobody ever talked about it! Frank eve wrote that in his books!

Frank should man up and tell everybody that the Captain was just a character and that he embellished his rolls. But we know that will never happen,..Frank wouldn't post that because it would make him look bad. If that roll happened, someone beside someone that worked for Frank would have said something about it, it would have been all over AC when it happened. But we know that didn't happen so what other conclusion can we come too!

And once again Frank says good-bye!

6. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

Yes superrick it doesnt make sense,.
    Frank says that gamblers follow no code of honor
    Frank says that gamblers promised the captain to keep his secret(i sarcastically asked if the captain only hung out with "writers" as Frank says writers do have a coed of honor)

So a bunch of people with no code of honor are being fastidious in keeping their word to the captain.

The same people who Frank says has no honor, who would steal 51k from him.......are "honoring" the captains request to keep quiet.

And on top of that Frank never was given a reason, or cared to ask WHY.......why the secrecy ????
    a VERY OBVIOUS QUESTION TO ASK SOMEWHERE ALONG THE ROAD.

something smells

7. $nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Active Member Founding Member

Retired
    There are " numerous " things which make " NO sense " to the " Unfamiliar " - for lack of a better term -

It is " simply " called " RESPECT " -

Those of YOU who question Frank's " Code of Honor " in keeping " HIS WORD " -

Have NO respect for YOURSELVES - OR - OTHERS -

NOR - do YOU garner any respect from your associates !

Frank Scoblete is an Honest, Respectable, Caring and Intelligent Individual -

THAT is MUCH more than can be said about the majority of the members of THIS FORUM !

$...eE..$