1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Three things that I found that create luck

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by NeoBandit, Feb 13, 2019.

1. NeoBandit

NeoBandit Guest

I played in a $2000 gdt tournament last night placed 7th due to running out of patience and getting bored watching those who had patience play while I got bad hand after bad hand. I was in second at the final table only about 100,000 behind the chip leader everyone else had between 150-450,000 chips. First two low chip players had finished and there where 7 of use left. They where all extremely tight players with 7-15 vpip the hole game. So they where good players for the stakes we where playing. I had plenty of chips and could have placed 2nd or 3rd had i not lost my patience and just wanted my money and to go to bed. I learned why when i get to chip leader I spew off all my chips I found leaks to fix in my game. I found out i have the potential to be a great player if i continue to improve my game. I found that Three things can create what some call luck.
    1. Skill. this is the first thing that creates luck. Skill i made up of several things. One being able to read your opponent by how he has played in the past second by your hand and the community cards and putting it all together to create a story as they say about what you and your opponent has in their hand. If it doesn't match up than you know you have them beat. also being able to tell a different story than what really is true. By this i mean being able to make your opponent think you are strong when weak or weak when your actually strong. Put this all together and it is your skill at poker.

2. Patience. That is very important to develop, without it you can't wait for the good hands to play and you will spill out your chips with bad hands. I found that good players have Patience and can wait to get good hands and don't play poorly and spew off chips that often unless making a bad choice on that hand.

3. Discipline. Highly undervalued quality that most poker players don't think about or realize they need. You need discipline to lay down the hands that your gut and your mind know are beat but most find hard to lay down. Like pocket AA's for most is very hard to lay down if not impossible for some to lay down even thought they know they are beat. Having the discipline to lay down your hands that are strong hands to stay in the game to fight another day is very important in being a winning player.

You put these three things together and they will create LUCK for you. I don't believe In "LUCK". But Some do. I believe if you master these three skills you will be a strong hard to beat poker player. All of use have the building blocks to be a great Poker Player. We will each do this our own way. But these are 3 things if mastered can create the next great poker player.

Let me know what you think about this and if you are working on these three things thanks for taking the time to read my post and create your own luck at the poker tables

Source.