1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat True Believers vs. Con-Artists

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Frank Kneeland, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Jimske

Jimske Well-Known Member Founding Member

@Frank Kneeland. I'm beginning to feel sad for you, Frank.

You're on a gambling site telling your life story to complete strangers. ????

2. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

When you write a book of your life story who do you think reads it, your family? It's read by complete strangers. Duh.. I feel sorry for you that you had to make such an ignorant comment. I enjoy reading Frank's stories, he's a good writer.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  3. judge

judge Active Member

Go back in your hole.

4. Frank Kneeland

Frank Kneeland Active Member Lineage to Founders

Professional Gambler
    No worries Spike. Someone said they wanted a story so I just cut and pasted it from a list of unpublished stuff I wrote during our year of home exile.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to say it's off topic. It is off topic by a mile.

If one person liked the story that's good enough for me. I really do miss those dam hamsters. LOL.

I'll tell what is sad. I live with a retired attorney I've known for 25 years and his school teacher wife. Ya'all have read more of my writing than the people I've lived with for seven years. My roommate's father, read everything I wrote and even helped me edit. He has passed. He flew in WWII and Air-force One for one of our presidents. What a man. He died at 94 and we had to call his work to tell them he would not be in.

It is odd that people dismiss what's right in front of them. Familiarity truly does breed contempt.

5. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    No worries mate. I only wrote that story due to a year of quarantine. It's one of those stories you tell over dinner and someone says, "you should write that down" but you don't because it has no market. Might as well post it here as anywhere.

Also, I think it might actually help people to know more about the person talking and what their motivations are. If all we ever offer is gambling advice, the question of "why", and should we trust the advice looms over anything said like a shadow.

While it is possible for a street bum to give you the best advice of your life, you're far more likely to believe the firefighter that just saved a baby from a burning building--even if the advice was on how to survive on the street and unrelated to firefighting.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  6. Jimske

Get a life Frank

7. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

What he said went right over your head didn't it. LOL

8. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

aamoon.JPG

9. Jimske

I didn't read it. I don't have a problem with whatever he wants to write. I don't read all the stuff but then I see these paragraphs after paragraphs that has nothing to do with the thread.

At least have the courtesy to bring it to another thread and write whatever you want.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Nathan Detroit, Jae and Punkcity like this.
  10. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

He started this thread he can put whatever he wants in it. Are you the thread police? I hate it when people get nitpicky, it ruins forums. I have probably well over 150000 posts in different threads in the last 25 years and not once have I ever complained about what is in a thread. It's never even occurred to me. These are conversations that we have. If you're standing on the street talking to a friend about something and he makes a comment about a loud car that just went by, do tell him he shouldn't mention that because you were talking about something else? Of course not that would be ridiculous.

11. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    What a crock, it’s possible because your dementia kicks in that you forget what you are conversing but generally the content goes back to what was being discussed, you just spam irrelevant post after post, your really really boring spike, a conversation between people is a relevant dialogue and I support that when they are speaking on the same subject , what you do is speak about different subjects that is not relevant to the thread , much like frank has just done above. I often wonder if your posts could be referred to as disruptive posting, as you seem to contradict yourself often from one post to the next, within the same thread, lol
    Yes frank started the thread but that doesn’t mean he or anyone else can change the subject.

Have you , spite , not wondered why some of your posts have been removed from various threads? The reason is because your off topic and most likely a number of people have complained. Normally admin used to flag the post as a blank out with a note that post is off topic written in red. Did you wonder why you had a thread started spike own a bar without even starting the thread yourself? It was so off topic that no one bothered to post anything further on it lol. Less than. Lol.

Junket King likes this.
  12. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Agreed, can anything be done about this? Cheers

13. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Yet another member of the anal retentive Thread Police speaks up! You march around in your little tight fitting Thread Police uniform huffing and puffing and blowing hot air. You think you are relevant but sadly, no, just like all petty dictator wannabes throughout history you are majorly irrelevant. But you have your cute little uniform and your knee high boots and you screech really loudly so at least you're entertaining. LOL

14. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

And yet; not one with any substance.

I used to believe in infinite monkey theorem. Give monkeys typewriters for an infinite amount of time and they will end up typing the complete works of Shakespeare.

You’ve proved that wrong with your postings over 25 years.

Anyways, this forum is to help members: and while you’ve proved time and time again that you aren’t working with a full toolbox, I think we should be more helpful and encouraging. I’ll start by posting this message to everyone: please stop insinuating that Spike is stupid.

…and a helpful message for Spike: insinuating means hinting at something bad in an indirect and unpleasant way.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022

15. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    The topic of the thread was what percentage of people that say baccarat is beatable believe that, and what percentage don't but say it to deceive people.

I believe we have covered it.

16. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

? ? hm?

Jimske likes this.
  17. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    I got enough opinions on the OP theme to see where people's heads are at. We can change topics or the thread.

Personally, I'd love to hear some stories of how you all got into gambling?

Or funny stories of your youth...

18. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    Just to be funny the irony is not lost on me that you complained I was telling stories about my life and then told me to get one. LOL. I could post more about my life if you wanted. But you'll have to make up your mind!

This was only intended as humor. I already agreed with you that the post was off topic.

19. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Substance is overrated as you just proved with this post. Good job.

20. Jimske

Cute. Except it's really not ironic Frank. "Get a life" is referencing the future not the past.