1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker UNfair Late Registration

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by sidenotch, Nov 15, 2018.

1. sidenotch

sidenotch Guest

I find it VERY frustrating to watch people come into a tournament during the VERY late stages of "late registration"...they makes the stuuupidest bets...mainly because they are trying to "double up" their stack, or not caring about losing FREE MONEY. So, players who have deposited NON "free" winnings(actual money from their bank accounts, etc) can come in late and end up betting me off of winners with PRE FLOP all ins(TOTAL GUESSING STRATEGY!) I have had situations where I worked my butt off to get to where I was in the tourney standings and then I call a late registration players bet because I have power cards(pocket pairs of 10's or higher)...and sure as heck I lose about 90% of those hands to TOTAL DONKWADS who are TOTALLY GUESSING. Even worse, I usually don't get ANY winners after that scenario. Starting to realize that about 99% of "online poker" is basically the "same [removed, pay to advertise], same [removed, pay to advertise]"...UNFAIR to say the least! I can sit there for hours and hours and get a couple winning hands, while I watch IDIOTS playing stupid cards like 3 9 off suited, 2 j off suited, 4 10 off suited....and I lose to those idiots! Perhaps I am better off playing poker with "real money" and being able to "see" the dealer and such?! Would be different if I was the person getting dealt pocket pairs and power cards 80% of the time and getting the winning hands about 75% of the time...like I watch players doing often...same person gets dealt the good cards and "big stack" seems to be able to win playing "whatever". ARGH!:eek:

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    They are at a disadvantage, although this is good when they buy into an event, not freeroll.

3. DRAikens

DRAikens Member Lineage to Founders

Maintence tech / operator
    because they buy in late , they have few options, its all in or nothing, they can't go many blinds before they are out. the only way to play when coming in late is, to play high suited cards or high cards , pairs, or suited connectors or connectors and they will play any pair, there only play is all in. if i decide to get in a game late, i will look for spots were a lot of player call, and no matter what the cards will go all in. by doing this if i do get lucky, i more than double up and have a chance at winning the tournament. coming in late you are gambling.