1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Horse Racing What Is A Great Strategy For Horse Race Betting?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing Forum' started by Richard Clain, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Richard Clain

Richard Clain New Member

Hi guys, does anyone have a good strategy for horse race betting?

2. ehtelgaeb

ehtelgaeb Active Member

There is no great strategy for horse race betting. There are strategies but I would not call any of them great even if they are successful and show positive ROI’s.

3. Bago

Bago Well-Known Member

You can forget Horse Racing if you can't get insider informations that allow to select horses neglected by the bettors majority. You can't get an edge with a systematic system based on horses past performances because you will always find low odds favourites... those can't provide an edge.

4. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

One cat prefers betting on positions 2 , 5 , 10 .

5. jonhpatricken

jonhpatricken New Member

I lost a lot in the first quarter that I started, but now I'm making a profit. But, like everyone else, I have good and bad days. I'm not an expert, but my system works for me, I'm just sharing what I know and I hope it helps someone.

Betting on horse racing is like a puzzle. Obviously, the pieces of the puzzle are in the shape of horses, jockey, trainer, owner, race conditions, soil etc.

There are several strategies out there, however, choosing the right horses requires your own knowledge. Like any other skill, you need to practice and study horse racing. With experience, you will certainly develop a strategy that works best for yourself.

When I started doing what I do in horse racing, it was very impressive not to know anything. As you can see, there are MANY things you can observe when choosing the right horse. You need to develop your own strategy and weigh which factors are most important to you. Meet the horses, jockeys, trainers, owners and routes and some help with horse racing predictions ([removed]) that are very useful. You don't have to compete with everyone; there are professionals who have been betting for years, but don't be discouraged, we all have to start from somewhere. Above all, you must love what you do. Watching horse racing really amuses me personally, even in lost times, but, of course, the goal is to make money while enjoying what we do.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
  6. punchdrunk

punchdrunk New Member

10 horses or less, 1600m to 2400m. All horses must have at least 4 starts. Take top 3 horses with best prizemoney ave (prizemoney ÷ career starts) or top 2 in races with no third div. Horse must of placed last race, over a similar distance within last 21 days. Out of those horses left take the one with the best place average. If same place average take the horse with the best prizemoney average.

7. Millionaire25

Millionaire25 New Member

Security Officer
    I can give you tips for horse race betting

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  8. wickednorthdq

wickednorthdq New Member

Yes,and it works. Divide the amount you want to bet per race in two. Bet one half on a horse you like to win other than the favorite. Let's use 20.00 for an example. 10.00 to win on that horse and the other 10.00 in exactas with that horse. Three 1.00 exacta boxes for 6.00. Then 2.00 exactas with your horse on top with 2 out of the 3 that you boxed with giving you a 3.00 exacta with 2 of them and even the one you did not choose will give you at least a 1.00 exacta in addition to the win money.

9. Betdaily

Betdaily New Member

The biggest mistake people make in Horse Race Betting or any other betting in general is, they bet on their favorite instead of understanding the odds. In Horse Race Betting, you need to understand the game first, then bet on multiple horses and teams (but not every time). Also, a great betting strategy is to use is the Value Horse Racing Betting Strategy. This makes sure that you can the right value for your bet money. Earn the chance to win huge by placing your bets on BetDaily.