1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc Whats your strategy, head or tail

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Gambling Forum' started by AlohaHawaii, Feb 2, 2019.

1. AlohaHawaii

AlohaHawaii New Member

Hi,
    In order to understand more deeply the laws of averages and probablities, I have the following question.

Supposedly, if we are gambling using just a coin and we are only to bet either head or tail, assuming the house pay 1 to 1, what would be the best winning strategy.

According to the laws of averages, after many throws, it will be almost 50% head and 50% tail. So assuming we bet 1 unit each time, then theoretically, after many games, we should not win or lose.

But i was thinking, if i bet 1 unit each time and assuming ive already lost 50 units, i then increase my bets to 2 units, will i win eventually. Afterall although ive lost 10 times and won 10 times, ive a nett gain.