1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge who are you going to vote for? clinton or trump?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mightymike, Jun 11, 2016.

?

who are you going to vote for?

1. clinton

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. trump

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. other

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. undecided

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. not voting

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. mightymike

mightymike Active Member Founding Member

now that the candidates are pretty much decided, let's test the political waters here at gf!

2. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Did you read the obit by the Virginia woman?I thought it was a myth, but it was real. Something like, "Faced with the choice between Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton, ** decided instead to go home to her heavenly father...."

3. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
  4. HowMany

HowMany Active Member

I will vote for Trump.

Hillary is a gaping cunt.

5. OneArmedBandit

OneArmedBandit Active Member

I will not vote & depending on who wins, will go back to where I was born Canada. I then will live there until said person is out of office.

6. Mickey Crimm

Mickey Crimm Well-Known Member

I'm voting for Trump. I like his campaign slogan "Let's get Mickey layed again."

7. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

I would like to see trump win just to be able to see if there is any difference in having a president that doesnt have the baggage and ties to special interests based on decades of contributions and "speaking fees" thrown their way.

This may be our best chance to see this happen.

Sure Trump will be effected by his own "special interests" based on his business affiliations over the tears.....but nothing like special interests that get accumulated over the years by politicians.

The clintons have had dozens of million dollar "speeches" for various companies over the last 20 years. You kind of have to think that the value of the speech in itself was not worth a cool mil.to the company.

Its not a republican/democrat issue to me....its a politician/non-politician issue.

8. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know. I watched most of both conventions and am not the slightest bit closer to a decision.

I have been a registered democrat and have voted democrat my entire adult life. For most of that time, my top priority was social issue and specifically gay marriage. Having had that issue decided last year, this election, I found myself free to prioritize other issues and my conservative values came to the forefront.

During the primary season, especially the early primary season (Nevada caucuses very early), I found myself agreeing with some of Trumps positions, like immigration and "the wall". I am not a racist or bigot and do not dislike any group of people, but there are rules that have to be followed. Allowing people to flood into the country illegally is not fair to the people from many countries that want to come here and are going through the process and waiting in line legally. I also liked the idea of the whole anti-establishment and shaking things up and Trump was definitely doing that.

So, I changed my voter registration and participated in the Nevada Caucuses supporting Trump. It was my first time going through the caucus experience and that was interesting, although kind of time consuming. Funny thing about our household and the caucuses. I supported Trump. My brother supported Jeb and my partner and 4th roommate participated in the democratic caucuses on a different day, supporting Hillary and Bernie respectfully. Talk about a divided household.

So even though I supported Trump during the primary season, I was not sure I really wanted him to be president. Actually, I was pretty sure I didn't. As time went on, I am even more sure of that. I really don't think the man is mentally stable enough to be president. However now down to a choice of 2, I don't think I can support Hillary, who I did support for president (even did some volunteer work for her campaign) in 2008. I now have issues with Hillary (trustworthy) and the Clintons in general. It just seems like they refuse to play by the rules. They are always breaking or skirting the rules ad/or the law.

So that is where I am. I think Trump is nuts. I think Hillary is a liar and a crook. I don't want to throw my vote away with Gary Johnson or Jill stein (I don't even know who she is). I am a little pissed of the choices we now have and a little embarrassed that maybe I didn't take the primary process as seriously as I should have kind of amusedly supporting Trump just to shake things up. Perhaps I missed an opportunity to support a more serious, better qualified republican candidate for the first time in my life.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  9. AxelWolf

AxelWolf Well-Known Member

Guess
    Hopefully Trump wins however it seems doubtful. Sometimes I don't think the guy actually wants to win and never did.

10. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

he has been all his life surrounded by yes men in the boardroom....so his comments and mockings of women or handicapped were never visually or verbally met with displeasure...he always got the phoney laugh and slap on the back.
    Now h e is surrounded by his kids.....do you think they are telling him when he is wrong?
    He needs to surround himself with people that will grab him by the shirt collar, push him up against the wall and say"dont ever fucking do that again"

Its one thing that he didnt know any better back at the beginning.....but now there is no excuse.

Also I dont think he is prepared. I dont see him cramming to learn different agency names, and different govts leaders...and alliances.

I think he has the potential to be creamed in a debate.

But still I think like any great leader of any corporation...just surround yourself with people who know the answers...so as president I dont see his lack of knowledge of these things to be troublesome.