1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex Why do so many people use MT4?

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by PipC, Jul 21, 2015.

1. PipC

PipC Guest

Personally I don't like MT4. Granted, it is a popular platform and you can use EAs and things of that nature, but for a manual trader like me, I don't see what the appeal is. It's very dated software and while customizable, for someone that doesn't code or know where to look for enhancements that suit their trading style it's a bit daunting. For example, I use Thinkorswim for my forex trading purposes and it has all sorts of advanced orders already built in to the system such as SL/MO/TP in one click with capability to set the pip differential before the trade, which eliminates having to enter numbers every time. The only thing I need to enter is the size of the order which can be done in advance. I have seen no such feature in MT4 out of the box and have yet to run across an EA that replicates this in the same way. Any thoughts? Just want to know if anyone out there has a better experience with MT4 as a manual trader. Especially for intraday trading.

Source.