1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Anyone tried Target87system?

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Dragonbet, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Bactz

Bactz Member

Just tried it out on the first 3 steps for 2 whole shoes. Not too bad.

2. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    So that makes a “ like” platinum.
    A “thought” mercury
    And a “action” lead.
    And Cheers when you toast

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  3. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Oh do I need to point out that toast is carbon and carbon is diamonds. Ergo cheers is diamonds.
    Lol

4. Bactz

Bactz Member

Breakfast time...

5. karumba

karumba Active Member

so frank, have you seen my wellbush paradox? care to comment? (probably best to do so in that thread).

6. Frank Kneeland

Frank Kneeland Active Member Lineage to Founders

Professional Gambler
    No I'm sorry I have not seen that. Can you give a link?

7. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    I tried googling "wellbush paradox" and got a bunch of threads nay-saying and defending it. Oddly, what I did not get is an exact disambiguation of what the paradox actually is.

The dictionary definition of mathematical paradox is: a mathematical conclusion so unexpected that it is difficult to accept even though every step in the reasoning is valid.

If you have found one in baccarat I'd be very interested.

I stumbled across one odd paradox in video poker. While we all know that fluctuation can swing in both directions there is an odd paradox of negative fluctuation being infinite and positive fluctuation being finite. It's hard to explain but basically stated you can't hit more jackpots than the number of hands you play. You can't get 12 Royals in 10 hands. You can get ZERO royals in any number of hands. It doesn't really mean anything, it's just an odd quirk of the math of independent trials. I suppose the paradox falls apart because you also can't get less than ZERO Royals.

8. karumba

karumba Active Member

Thanks Frank. The link: https://www.gamblingforums.com/threads/wellbush-paradox-i-and-ii.22501/

Probably best to reply in the above link/thread. I am not sure about the technical difference between a paradox and a mathematical paradox. However I (Wellbush. I used to have an ID on WOV called Wellbush) am simply stating there is a paradox in gambling mathematics. It's not a paradox applying to any particular game, but rather a belief in gambling math circles that applies to betting systems. That belief being that all betting systems are equally worthless due to -EV. I seriously q this belief due to the fact that most negative progression sequences return the gambler to a profit. So how can -EV mean it's not possible for betting systems to do this? Again, the OP here would probably prefer you reply in the above link/thread.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  9. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    That was very well explained. Now I know what we are talking about. Oh BTW, my Father started Australian broadcasting so if you ever have ever watched the telli down-under it was in part due to him. He and my mother spent five years in Sydney & Melbourne. They were the American NBC producers the Australian GOV hired to train ALL their personnel. Just FYI.

I am likely in the camp of people that lean towards betting systems not effecting EV. I would not say I think they have no merit at all. I would go on to say that I simply don't understand how varying your bet can alter your EV in a game like baccarat. Altering your bet size in a game like Blackjack where remaining deck composition changes the expectations is another matter entirely.

I guess what I'm really saying is I am open to the possibility, I just don't understand the how of it. If you have stumbled across something that works, good on you mate.

Just be mindful that our brains want to see patterns. When we want something, sometimes we see things that aren't there.

My favorite quote on the topic was from Carl Sagan on Percival Lowell: "There was no question as to the intelligent design behind the canals of mars. The only question was on which side of the telescope that intelligence lie. Where we have strong emotions we are likely to fool ourselves." ~Blues for a Red Planet

I usually end discussions such as this with, "You don't have to believe me...just don't always believe yourself either:) "

10. Frank Kneeland

Professional Gambler
    Sorry I missed the part about replying in a different thread. I'll try to fix that.