1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Only active members will be able to report posts, use privileges, and be protected by our rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by Admin Team, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

Hello folks,

There have been too many members attempting to manipulate us to do their bidding with threats of not participating here (e.g. using their participation here as currency against us). This includes actions by members who do not normally participate here but who suddenly find the urge to participate heavily in the short term only to bombard us with requests for special treatment and then disparage us and threaten to quit when such special treatment is not granted. You can find a recent example of this here. We do not care if we are disparaged when we don't keep giving where it's not warranted, but we do care about attempts to manipulate us and this community, and it has reached a point where we have to nip it in the bud to ensure our continued impartial and neutral administration and moderation of this community.

So to end all such attempts to manipulate our administration of this site, our rules will only protect active members, only active members will be able to use the Signature and PM privileges they have unlocked, and only active members will be able to report posts to bring them to our attention for us to take action.

This means that if you want to assist our moderation of this community, and if you want to have access to the full features of this site, and if you want to be protected by the rules of this community, then you will have to give back to this community by being an active member of this community. This will ensure inactive members cannot suddenly pop in and attempt to manipulate us to do their bidding because they won't even be able to reach out to us through reports or PM's until they've become active members.

We will have to think carefully about what we consider to be active participation, but the criteria we are currently considering is:

-------------------------------
    1) Made at least 1 post per week over the last 30 days.
    AND
    Either:
    2a) Made at least 1 post per month with at least 50 posts made over the last 12 months if the member is over 1 year old.
    OR
    2b) Made at least 4 posts per month since the member registered if the member is less than 1 year old.
    -------------------------------

That is an average of less than 1 post per week, so the bar would be set quite low to be considered "active". This change is meant to impact only those members who are genuinely not active here on a regular basis.

The criteria would be checked daily against each member and members that are "inactive" and meet the criteria would be switched to active, and members that are "active" but failed the criteria would be switched to active. So members will be switched back and forth between "active" and "inactive" whenever they meet or fail the criteria without any limits on how often they can be switched, and the criteria will be checked every day automatically.

The combination of conditions 1) and 2) above would ensure a member was active both recently and in the longer-term so that inactive members can't just pop in one day to flood the forum with posts just to be considered "active".

Note that inactive members will still have full posting privileges. This will only affect their ability to report posts, use their unlocked Signature and PM privileges, and be protected by our rules. Nothing else.

As a further thank you for believing in our mission of an independent, comprehensive, and uncensored gambling community and helping us become the #1 gambling forum, this requirement will not apply to Founding Members. This means Founding Members will always be protected by our rules, will always enjoy the full features of our site that they have unlocked, and will always be able to report posts to help us moderate this community whether they are active or not.

Once again, the purpose of this change is to ensure we cannot be manipulated with carrot-and-stick approaches by members that attempt to use their participation here as currency to try to get us to do their bidding. If you want to be protected by the rules of this community, then you will need to be an active and contributing member of this community. It's that simple.

So we will no longer entertain attempts to manipulate us and are turning that manipulation on its head by completely eliminating the threat of not participating here and putting the onus on those members instead.

We will update this thread once we have gone live with this change.

Thank you.

Tater, Punkcity and Mako like this.
  2. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Instead of quantity, why don't you at least attempt to evaluate quality of posts. You have people here who think they are immune to probability or beat roulette with psi. So you would rather have an active community comprised of those folks, because they post once a week, than people who actually know what they're doing vis-a-vis gambling.

Your solution to someone threatening to quit is to install rules guaranteed to get others to quit?

I suggest you go back to your drawing board. I mean, it is really stupid that I CAN participate if I type "I LOVE GAMBLING FORUMS!" once a week, and I CANNOT participate if I post something worthwhile once a month.

Over and out.

Boz likes this.
  3. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

Yeah, literally none of what you just said was reflected in the Admin post. Read it again maybe.

I'm actually surprised little snowflakes are apparently hammering that report button as often as they are...sad really. Maybe they need a "safe space" here where they can go and offer each other kleenex? Not sure how those work.

gizmotron, Punkcity and TurboGenius like this.
  4. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Yeah he , coke no ice , has a comprehension problem, you know how mathtopian fuktard goggles seems to distort the real world. He’s lucky they , admin, don’t bring in a comprehension directive also.
    The Kleenex crew are just wov refugees with soft shells.
    Cheers
    That new directive also takes care of delusional accusations of members I suppose. Nice. Guess we never get to see anyone going 0 and infinity. Good call admin. Does that mean I get to keep the mommy / daddy said no , thread. Lol. Cheers

Tater likes this.
  5. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

The road of good intentions is paved with…..whatever.

The end result is exactly as you said.

The Forex scammers who have posted daily for years with no one reading or replying are now considered “valued members”. If the guys who were pushing online cock fighting continued to post they would be “valuable members”. After all when I complained I was told “It’s not illegal everywhere”.

In the 80’s the Lasky’s, Feiners and Horowitz’s would have loved this place. After all, Ed was a “Professor”.

And you provided the solution in the unlikely event one wants to be a valued member here. Somehow I doubt you do.

But like me, you have to appreciate the effort to create more posts and direct more daily hits for the site.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  6. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

As for the end result, I think the admin has ended up with exactly what most thought the forum would be from close to the start. The “Founding members” never showed up or quickly left. And we all know how most of them feel about the site. That leaves posts stolen from other sites (with credit given), anti math dreamers that no one who understands even basic math doesn’t laugh at, some crackpots, some decades old feuds, the occasional bots of females, and the scammers who put little effort into their craft.

I do think the Mod or Mods aren’t bad people and did put a lot of thought into the place. I would think they can’t be happy how it turned out but if they are getting hits on the links good for them. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Well-Known Member

Hmmm I wonder who the Admin is implying to with this post. If I were a gambling man, I would have to go with a particular Unkool poster who's whining for the 100th+ time. That's one of a few reasons why, he's as Unkool as he is.

8. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Possibly not.
    From the criteria kewlj qualified as a regular long term poster, 30 posts per day on multiple thread for last 6 months. I know he’s been in the highlight reel in admin post. But that was for other reasons and not as a one-off poster having a cry that this thread is about in its entirety. I think it’s a couple of other posters that threaten to leave and they only post once in a blue moon, I can rattle a few names off but won’t , possibly a poster this very thread.

personally , if they want to leave , go , watch the door doesn’t hit you on the way out. Cheers

9. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

More off topic posting might be the result .

Give it a thought .

Boz likes this.
  10. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    The post itself refers to the UNKewl one, presented as "a recent example"
    so obviously this thread was brought about by that nervous poodle of a drama queen.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Tater likes this.