1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc WizardOfVegas Forum is Dying

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Gambling Forum' started by LovePotion9, Sep 5, 2015.

This is a Designated Unrestricted Area and is moderated more lightly and may therefore contain more offensive language. Reader beware.
  1. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

I don't care if you or anyone else is on my side or not. I never asked anyone to be on my side or voice their support for me as you did for several months after this happened. You didn't do it because I asked you to, you did it because you witnessed this whole episode on both sites first hand and you KNEW I was not treated fairly. So I just find it strange that now that with the passage of time, you have now somehow decides maybe I wasn't treated so badly and got what I deserve.

I am sure you have heard the saying that "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing". The related thought is that when someone does something wrong and a big brew-ha-ha pops up about it....that all they have to do is ride out the storm and complacency will win out and those outraged will move on.

I know you and others have done that.....I won't. And on a personal note, I must say I am disappointed that you have. I thought you of all people were my friend.

Qfit wanted to silence me and isolate me in the BJ/AP community simply because I had and continue to have a negative opinion of his site and members of his site that intentionally set out to mislead players. He has pretty much succeeded in doing so (with Mike's help), but I will continue to voice my opinion as best I can.

beachedwhale likes this.
  2. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

To "move on" and go quietly into the night.....is to allow the bully to win. I just won't do that.

beachedwhale likes this.
  3. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

I have been going over this statement for a few hours now and I have a real problem with it.

First of all what "heat" did Mike catch? yeah some members and moderators were upset for a while and voiced disapproval. But he dismissed them as he usually does with membership. He showed his total lack of respect for the members that make up and contribute to WoV, and just how little he thinks of them (including mods) by not even addressing there concerns. He just went silent and waited for them to get over it.

I will give you that early on, Mike was put in a bad situation. Mike was used....manipulated by Norm. I will give him that he probably didn't know exactly what to do at first. But that only works for a short time. Once you realize that that you have been "played" and subsequently mishandled the situation and treated someone unfairly, you step up and be a man and fix it. To not do so is cowardly.

I know that Mike recognizes that he was used and treated me unfairly because he told me privately. This is the part that bothers me so much. Not that he was manipulated and used.....that's on Norm, not Mike. But that Mike isn't man enough to say it publicly and make amends. I guess he thinks people will think less of him, when in fact people admire someone that can admit their mistakes and try to fairly remedy the situation.

As you better than anyone else knows, I have tried to give him that opportunity. I have tried through every method I can think of to keep an avenue of communication open with Mike, including discussions through you.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    beachedwhale likes this.
  4. shuffleupagus

shuffleupagus New Member

The alternative to moving on is you come across as a vindictive loony who barely anyone cares to listen to. Your choice your life, whatever makes you happier. You got the shaft, but it's your behavior since that point that's turned people off.

beachedwhale likes this.
  5. RS

RS Member

This.

beachedwhale likes this.
  6. Mickey Crimm

Mickey Crimm Well-Known Member

Kewlj is actually being nice. If I got fucked over like that there would be hell to pay. The dirty bastards would wish they were dead.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    beachedwhale likes this.
  7. AxelWolf

AxelWolf Well-Known Member

Guess
    It wasn't that hard to spot, as you are one of the few people that wanted to groom zenking into playing BJ really well. You came in like a night in shining armor.

http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...or-bruno/sacha-baron-cohen-armor-bruno-14.jpg :p

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    beachedwhale likes this.

8. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Why do you have to take a shot at me with some sort of gay reference in every single post. I am not particularly sensitive about the issue, but it just gets old really fast. Are you THAT insecure or just have zero respect and consideration for me?

I am not trying to 'groom' ZenKing into playing blackjack well. There is no advantage for me in giving advice and sharing my experiences with newer players, especially newer players that are relocation or talking of relocating to play Vegas. It's very possible that doing so can be detrimental to me and my career, longterm.

But newer players deserve that from me. Experienced players and members of different forums helped me along the way for years and I still benefit from other players sharing their experiences. And no I don't like it when some new guy comes along and the membership of a site turns on him and goes out of their way to not be helpful. This usually occurs when the younger guy is a bit cocky and rubs people the wrong way. That is just youth. No reason for me to resent that and not help them as others did for me along the way.

beachedwhale likes this.
  9. AxelWolf

Guess
    Was there gay references in that post? I saw nothing about driving a Miata.

I don't know about EVRY SINGLE post, that's kinda overstated. If you actually believe that, then In that case, I'm surprised you thought BJ meant Blackjack.

I'm just messing with you because it's fun to do. If I didn't care I, wouldn't bust your balls.

--------------------------
    Do you have anything but some crazy paranoia that Norm had anything to do with LVkid being banned? TBH, I think it was a MOD that figured it out and bounced you.

I think they should have left LVKID alone, even if everyone knew, that would have kinda helped make up for you being "unfairly banned"(yes I think you kinda got a raw deal at the start). They should have just went with a don't ask don't tell policy in your situation. (Oh shit, I didn't think about that, it's not a gay reference, I swear, it just happen to fit the best)

beachedwhale likes this.
  10. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

No Mod figured anything out because there was nothing to figure out. The 2 posts as LVkid were posted from a friends house. He has never been a member of WoV, so it would have been an IP never use before, so there was no chance of IP match.

Here are the circumstances surrounding LVkid posts. I was doing a friend a favor waiting for a furniture delivery at his new apartments. His cable hadn't been hooked up yet, but his internet had, so to fill the time I decided to create an account at WoV so I could respond to these two newer players which I had been wanting to do. So I made those two posts that day. So that would have been a new IP address, never used at WoV.

I also created an account at Norms site and made a post. And I returned an email from Norm. Yes, Norm emails me when he reads something I have posted that he doesn't like. If I initiate email contact with him, he files a complaint with yahoo mail, but apparently it is ok for him to initiate contact when he feels like it. So, that email to Norm from me, would have matched the new account at his site LVkid. I was actually surprised it too him a few days to check that.

So I happened to be online 3 days later, when the LVkid went red at both sites. LVkid went red at Norm's site. Norm was online. 12 minutes later it went red at WoV. Is that proof enough for you. First thing Norm did was contact his buddy Mike crying that LVkid who had made 2 posts at WoV, both offering advise to 2 different newer players was KJ. Oh we couldn't have that. Norm demanded Mike ban the LVkid account just like he did my KJ accont last year. Norm demanded and Mike did what Mike does...exactly what Norm says.

I kind of thought WoV might allow the LVkid account to remain as well, especially as long as I only posted offering advice to newer BJ players. That's why I didn't go out of my way to hide who I was. I mean LVkid? And I didn't attempt to change my pretty unique writing style. BUT...Norm demanded! Norm said "jump" and Mike said "how high" as he was on the way up. :confused:

I do find it very interesting. Almost everyone, including people that seem to be fed up with my posting make some sort of reference about me being "unfairly banned" as you just did. Shuffleupagus said "got the shaft". Other use different terminology, even those that want me to STFU. They all say something about my initial ban being unfair, they just don't want me to continue to bring it up.

Well why shouldn't I continue to bring it up every chance I get, just like I promised Mike I would do? When a person feels they were treated unfairly, what is wrong with them fighting and defending their honor? Especially when the person who did the unfair treatment has basically acknowledged his treatment was unfair. What is wrong with reminding him that he was unfair and continues to be unfair in the fact that he hasn't stepped up and taken responsibility and remedied the situation.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    beachedwhale likes this.
  11. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    LarryS. was more "unfairly banned" than you were.

The Wiz never gave a reason for banning him: as for you, he explained his reasons, and they were sound enough.

Your narcissism simply will not allow itself to be muzzled.

Get over it, you've become a tedious curiosity.

beachedwhale, Junket King and RS like this.
  12. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

You previously argued that Larry was banned for good reason. Your quote was "he was nuked for the good of the order" and "that he didn't play well with others". In another post you said "he was nuked for daring to challenge the emperor". Now you are flip flopping and saying he was unfairly banned. Make up your mind, old man.

You also previously stated that "KJ seems to make level-headed criticisms". Now I am just a narcissist that should "get over it".

A while back I made a post suggesting we should all move on. Larry jumped right on that telling me, I don't get to decide when it is time to move on. Neither do you, MrV.

It was Mike Shackleford himself that suggested that I come to this site to register my criticisms and complaints about him and the way I was treated. And so I have. And I made a promise to Mike that I would not let this go and would continue to bring it up every chance I got. You remember ...it is referred to as the big "FU threat". Well I am going to keep that promise to Mike....it would be rude of me not to keep that promise. ;)

So you can call me whatever names you like....as long as there is a thread here, dedicated to criticizing Mike and WoV, I intend to keep that promise.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    beachedwhale likes this.
  13. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

I guess I should make a post so I won't be "inactive".

There's a new WOV member posting as InTimeForSpace. The little munchkins feel threatened by him so are reacting in the only way they know. They are accusing him of being a banned member and are calling for him to be banned. He has raised the ire of the Beached whale who is begging for PMs from anyone who may know who he is.

InTimeForSpace posted "Gambling has to be the epitome of dysfunction". That's all it took to awaken the sleeping whale who rushed to the defense of...well...all the dysfunctional gamblers on the forum. She reminds him that "most here are professionals". She then steps in it with both feet saying WOV has a "group of about 100 people who get together". Really? How many attended the WOV meetup that is going on this weekend? They couldn't even get more than a dozen to post on the forum in the last 24 hour period.

Her Whaleness then offers that she's "pissed" to have missed the WOV meetuo again this year...like she's got anything else to do. She had plenty of time to ask the munchkins to send her the air fare. No, she didn't go because an updated photo of her may get taken. The "middle aged female" as Mission/Pavlov/Brandon James calls hee is still vain. By the way, someone I know was going to go to the WOV festivities and take photos on the sly.

I hope InTimeForSpace continues to post because the buffoons over there are no match for him and it's entertaining to watch them become so easily frustrated. I know exactly who he is but the clueless mods have no idea. We all know how this ends. When the mods have had enough of looking foolish and incompetent, they will ban InTimeForSpace. They will lie to the forum saying they know who it is but they won't tell. The guy is no Kentry or Nathan and the mods just can't handle it.

beachedwhale likes this.
  14. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

KJ -- quick comment. I have no issue with you pointing out the political connections that dictate policy with Shackleford, or the flaws at that site. I have no problem with you ripping Shackleford forever at any opportunity (radio, books, interviews, whatever).

I would just suggest that you publicly present it as a good old "you are my enemy" scenario and have fun with it. Please tone down the martyrdom bit and the morality pleadings. If half a dozen young blackjack players go broke and wind up as boy toys for the owners of Sapphire...oh well. They weren't prepared and had unrealistic expectations. If Shackleford unfairly bans 50 more people in the next week, also oh well. It's his loss. I like the fact somebody done you wrong, and you're going to bite him in the ass. Great. But the problem with turning it into a morality script is that morality is pretty much relative. A big chunk of the world would not only ban you for being gay and posting, they'd be out to stone you. So let's keep things in perspective.

beachedwhale and Junket King like this.

15. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    No, I mentioned what I thought was the reason he got banned; since the Wiz never gave one, I could only speculate.

The banning of LarryS. without a reason given was the "unfair" part.

So far as you making some "level-headed criticisms" in the past: yes you have, but they didn't lead to your being banned.

I stand by the "narcissistic" label, KJ: you're full of yourself and without good reason; you're an attention whore: you just have to play the martyr.

But hey, that's OK, I realize you have nothing better to do now that you've been cast out of paradise.

beachedwhale likes this.
  16. AxelWolf

Guess
    A few people indicated it was Buzzard but I didn't think it was him. I don't care who it is or isn't. If he doesn't play nice he will get banned on way or another.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I think she meant overall there are about 100 people total that communicate and or meet up outside the forum.
    WOV events are not about quantity they are about quality.
    The most important person showed up and that person was..... ME :D

beachedwhale and freddy like this.
  17. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

I stopped outing people but, no, it's not Buzzard. ME? MathExtremest?

beachedwhale likes this.
  18. BUZZARD

BUZZARD Active Member Lineage to Founders

INDEPENDENT PRODUCT DEVELOPER
    No It was not me. I ain't bashful. Take it is a compliment when I get bounced because my views are obvious. And consistent. As for playing NICE, I always have, Axle. Not my fault Zuga is another or those guys who has no sense of humor. Born on third base and thinks he hit a triple.

beachedwhale likes this.
  19. BUZZARD

BUZZARD Active Member Lineage to Founders

INDEPENDENT PRODUCT DEVELOPER
    By far the most important person who attended was Robin. And the prettiest by far. Best advantage play a certain loser ever made in his entire life !

beachedwhale likes this.
  20. Mickey Crimm

Mickey Crimm Well-Known Member

Larry got banned because he's a brow beating troll. No existing rule was used in KJ's banning. Shack instituted a rule "after the fact" to ban him. Totally unfair.

I know a lot of you guys are friends with Shack and you are going to stick up for him. That's cool. I have no problem with that. But there is something that has never been mentioned in the qfit/kj feud. The feud got started when qfit was allowing a blackjack system with fantastical claims to be peddled on his site. When kj and a few others advised that the system would never live up to those fantastical claims qfit whacked him and the others off the site in order to allow the system to continue to be sold. Qfit enlisted Mike to get kj off WoV so he couldn't criticize the system there....and mike went along with it....so qfit could continue to sell the fantastical system. That means Mike was de facto supporting qfit's fantastical system. Shack has always represented himself as having the public's interest at heart. That turned out to be total bullshit.

beachedwhale likes this.