1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc WizardOfVegas Forum is Dying

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Gambling Forum' started by LovePotion9, Sep 5, 2015.

This is a Designated Unrestricted Area and is moderated more lightly and may therefore contain more offensive language. Reader beware.
  1. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    Riddle me ths, batman...

What would YOU call it when a man says he'll pay but then he doesn't?

Let me guess...in your world it would be "business as usual?"

Not only has he welched, he's ghosted the forum.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  2. coach belly

coach belly Active Member

Delinquent, delayed, tardy, late, overdue, behind, postponed...like the ditz with his property taxes.

But there was no bet, so he didn't welch on a bet, which is what you falsely accused him of doing.

And you're the only one that I've read who's made that scurrilous claim.

Why would you do that? Doesn't that make you a person of questionable character?

3. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

As I mentioned above, WoV forum regular 100Xodds used the term; what does that make him in your World of Diputatious Bullshit?

4. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    How about BeachBumBab's inability to step up and admit that she did say what she said, and made a false accusation? :D

That's far more telling about character than that someone who probably simply doesn't have the funds hasn't coughed it up yet.

5. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Mission - "I contribute over $800 of my personal funds to this contest and second place gets the entry fee if I win." From his Facebook page August 24, 2023.

Mission Jan 1, 2024: "Prize payouts will likely take place immediately following the Super Bowl.

Mission Feb 21, 2024: "I'll be doing payouts next week." He then posts that he's been preoccupied with trivial matters as well as in a terrible mood.

Mission Feb 21, 2024 to the winner, DJChaps: It's free money that I'm paying out of my own personal funds; feel free not to play next year."

Mission Feb 29, 2024: "It will be done no later than next Friday.

Weak Wizard manservant Gialmere on Mission: "Let's be honest; his credibility is shot." Odiousgambit responds on Mission: "He doesn't understand. He just doesn't get it. I think, therefore, you are right about this."

Odiousgambit: "Mission, you are wrong to take this attitude. I consider 'slow pay' a form of welching."

Vegasbrent: "I was a bit concerned last year when it took until April to get paid."

GenoDRPh: hopes that Mission will run future contests and "preserve the honor and reputation of the forum." Honor and reputation? Okey dokey...lets go with that.

Gordonm888: "I'm not happy about the delay in payment in this contest."

SOOPOO: "It is a black mark on Mission and the WOO website."

6. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Mission may be a little...shall we say disorganized? I see nothing unscrupulous about him or his intentions. What you see is what you get. Look...every participant in that contest knew, or certainly should have known, that there is a history of late payments. Yet they still played and no one have ever been stiffed from what I can see.

Bitch Bum Blabs, on the other hand, is a notorious compulsive liar who has told dozen upon dozens of totally unbelievable whoppers. I'll see if I can dig up some of the more outrageous ones. They're in here somewhere.

7. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Tsk, tsk, coach. Bringing me in from left field for no reason. It is true that I pay property taxes late on occasion. But I'm willing to bet that my credit rating, as shown by Experian and any other credit rating agency, is better than coach's credit rating. Draw your own conclusions. Coach will cling to his anonymity simply because he has no cojones.

Note to coach: My credit rating dropped from 818 to 816 last I checked, so you have a shot. I'll be heading to LV next month. If you want to meet up and show your license and credit rating and compare it to mine, let's do it, baby! We can make a wager and have a lawyer do the credit search. I have one in mind. Let's get it on video!

As you may be able to tell from the tone of this post, the UFL is treating me well. How better to blow some profits than with a wager versus coach, with MrV serving as the lawyer/judge.

I think my credit rating is about as high as it's going to get, since I have never bought a vehicle on credit. But I'll try to spruce it up this month in lieu of the great meet-up with coach.

8. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

9. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Oops...didn't work. It's on page 408 here. She was in the Olympics. Harrison Ford asked he to come out of the traffic control tower and get in his plane. She intimately helped Val Kilmer get dressed. Rubbed elbows with multiple celebs.

10. coach belly

You are correct, I have a shot.

How much do you want to bet?

11. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Dinner at Vic and Anthony's at the GN. I'll invite MrV on my dime, also. We'll try to get all the loudmouths in one place to sing Kumbaya. I'll formally invite Rob and his wife also. But I'm not picking up the alcohol tab. That's each man for himself.

12. coach belly

Yeah well, you're actually going to have to try, not just pay lip service.

What dates are you in LV?

13. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

I also came to my senses and backed out of it didn't I. Typical lawyer bullshit, always leave out half the story.

14. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Greetings... So where are we in the owed money fiasco?

Weak Wizard, the man of integrity, has twice stated that he has reached out to Mission by back channels but has received no reply. Back channels? What...does he think he's James Bond? I'll bet there are several WoV members who have his contact information...or can easily obtain it.

Mission owed DJChaps $480. DJChaps rightfully complained about not getting paid. Gordonm888 sent $400 to Mr. Chaps. Gordy: "Thus, this money is no longer Mission's personal money. It's my money."

Weak Wizard, who is 100% responsible for allowing this, says that he has purchased half of the debt from Gordo for $200. The money that is now owed is:

Gordon...$200.

Weak Wizard...$200

DJChaps...$80.

Dunce Dear weighs in with: "It's rather sad to see an established and well liked member ex moderator have his financial difficulties laid bare." From all the way across the pond...I guess Dunce Dear knows more than anyone.

The whole thing is utter nonsense. For $480 it never should have happened and never should have been allowed to dominate the suspension list discussion thread. No way is this about money.

15. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Can anyone verify if Mission is still employed by LCB? I took a quick look for his latest articles but came up empty. There are several writers listed but I don't see him under Mission146 or the pen name that he uses.

16. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

Most WoVers are sick of MDawg and wish he'd take his bag of bullshit and leave.

Axelwolf just got suspended over it.

The Dawg was barking at terapined, telling him (correctly) that if he wants to talk to him "mano el mano" uncensored then do it at another board: VCT or GF perhaps?

AW got bounced by revealing a prohibited thing: that the Hound sent him a lot of unwanted PM's and that if he had something to say to him to do so by phone, i.e. to talk to him man to man, mano el mano.

Clearly AW was frustrated and annoyed by the manic efforts of MDawg PMing him when such contact was unwelcomed.

One might think that AW reporting the abuse of PM by MDawg would be an appropriate response.

Nope.

So the takeaway is that at WoV sending floods of unwanted PM's to his detractors is now another arrow in MDawg's quivver of methods to lure the unwary into a suspension, as the recipient upon complaining to the wacky wizard will be suspended.

What a fucking shit show.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  17. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    You can't assume that everything AWolf says is truthful, just partly because he has an abysmal memory even if he didn't drink himself into a stupor regularly.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  18. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that despite Axel having what you imply as being a character flaw warranting that anything he says be disregarded (him enjoying Captain Morgan rum), Axel seems to be much more popular and much more respected and welcomed at WoV than you are.

He's the guy bringing the wine to the picnic, whereas you are the ants.

19. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    The people A.Wolf gets along with best are for the most part fellow know-it-alls. The real players send me PMs pretty regularly about what a jerk off the Wolf is.

Over all, someone like him shouldn't be analyzed or thought about too deeply.

The main person I have met and hung out with in different parts of the world not just in Vegas, is the Wizard. I haven't met too many of the others nor would I want to, with a few exceptions.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  20. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

What's this about you doing "penance" there for one day?

What, did you tie Tasha's shoe laces together?