1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Baccarat - the best small business

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Lungyeh, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

You mean a total loss of session bankroll? It didn’t happen during the period. At worst, I did a -10% or breakeven and timed out. I play 1-2 times a week. 5 hours max per session. I hope you are doing well. I wanted to respond earlier but as you can read, was distracted.

2. Myrtlejones

Myrtlejones Active Member

LMAO

3. Lungyeh

Myrtlejones, of course MM by itself will not a winner make. A decent bet selection (BS) strategy is a pre requisite. What I have been trying to espouse is that whatever one’s BS, the determinant to win is MM as in my observation.

I rehash this story. One guy is a proponent of OLD. Opposite Last Decision. If Banker wins, he will bet Player. If Player wins he will bet Banker. Subject to some subjective variations he makes along the way.

A lady gamer on the other hand is a strong proponent of FLD. Follow Last Decision. Whatever wins, she bets for a repeat. If Banker wins she bets Banker. If Player wins she bets Player. Subject also to some subjective variations she makes along the way.

I became friendly with both over a one month period, during those pre pandemic days.

On days the OLD guy wins, the FLD lady lost. On days the FLD lady wins, the OLD guy lost. And so it went on week in week out. Finally both lost.

So what I was trying to espouse is that whatever your BS methodologies, you will come across your nemesis very often. And it is during these times that one must minimise the loses. Make the money when the tide is with you.

Choose your BS according to what suits your personality. Augment it with a solid MM process.

Zhang Wei likes this.
  4. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    You could have stayed friendly had it not been for that Wuhan virus, oops I mean USA athletic team virus

5. mansi19896

mansi19896 Active Member

no i meant loosing day what ever it may be 5, 10 or 20 units, but thanks i think i got the overall picture with drawdown around 10 % of bankroll

6. Myrtlejones

Lungyeh here is where i have a problem with the way gamblers choose bet selections, OLD, FLD to me are complete failures for the simple reason there is not a mathematical edge, this is simply a way to follow what the shoe is doing thinking what trend is happening at the time i have seen more go broke doing this, your nemesis will not come that often if your BS is formed through math,taking shoe results in groups and bringing in formula can reduce amount of bets against shoe results. if we take groups of 5 from the shoe results means there are 16 combinations, we can bet 3 times into this ,out of the 16 combos only 2 beat us for all three bets, groups of 6, 32 combinations, we can bet 3 times into these groups and only 4 of those groups will beat 3 bets, groups of 9 are amazing using math we can bet 3 times into this there are256 combinations but only16 will beat 3 bets, i have broken down groups of 5,6,7,8,9, and each has a math edge a simple situation that happens or does not happen,Now math comes into play in different areas of the shoe most results do not go past 4 (90%) will stay under and( 10%) will go over but we never know when this will happen but when we put the shoe results into groups it is a whole different game that percentage rises to a little above 95% i would say that is pretty decent value for betting, now i understand the ugly shoe is around the corner no matter what your betting but there are many ways to take precautions to avoid these disasters.

7. Junket King

I second that, it's a naive novice way of playing.

Well said, this is how I have approached the game for the last decade.

8. Lungyeh

Not something that fits this thread, irrelevant. But good doggie nice doggie. No foul language. No curses. Sounds almost human. Almost.

9. Lungyeh

Nice M. Many ways to win as I have alluded to often. Isnt it wonderful to read about ways one can win? So in this case we have a superior BS. But as you have also stated you continue to be aware of what lurks around the corner. When to stop is when one wins absolutely.

I was told by a friend in education recruitment (he recruits for Australian and Russian universities) that mathematics is the highest in the food chain, higher even than medicine. And a story unfolded. 2 friends. A doctor and a mathematician. The mathematician was telling the heart doctor that every equipment the doctor uses in his practice is based on mathematics and without mathematics the heart doctor would pretty much be nothing. The heart doctor merely nodded in agreement.

A week later the mathematician was rushed into hospital with a massive heart attack. Barely conscious the mathematician saw his doctor friend and begged him to save him. The operations was successful.

In the ward the mathematician thanked his doctor friend for saving him. The doctor asked ‘Did you pray to God to let you live?’ ‘Ya’ the bushing mathematician replied. ‘So God made sure I was in good mood n did not quarrel with the wife. And then He sent me to operate those mathematical based machines to save your life’.

10. Lungyeh

Dont get me wrong Mansi. During a session, the drawdown often goes beyond 10%. 30% regularly. 40% even. But my MM would force me to stop for 30-60 minutes.

11. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    I could not be more happy that a math oriented player can't see the proper use of trends or patterns. When you keep doing the same thing that does not work what makes you think that doing it some more will make things better? You will continue to watch people use trends and fail. SHOCKING! Trends don't work at times, specially when a player depletes their bankroll while depending on them. Yes, you are right. Math is the way. hahahahah! LOL

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  12. Myrtlejones

Patterns yes trends no, patterns can be manipulated tapered down, trends in sports betting, roulette, baccarat,stock market are all losing propositions just my opinion i have no use for them.

13. Myrtlejones

Good one i get it,In the business world which tool is used more then math, you are the first to say BAC is the best small business so then it would be fair to say that there are good business owners and bad business owners,some successful owners look at things in a different way then others so sometimes to make a losing business a success one might need just a few adjustments, so i will ask you a question you are working your business and you see 6 players in a row(PPPPPP) what does this mean to you? what are you thinking? what is your next move? after your answer i will tell you what it means to me, sound interesting, just from one business owner to the next

14. soxfan

soxfan Well-Known Member

Yup the baccarats is the only small business where a cat can pony up 2 millions initial investments capital and capture 20 millions profits, per annum, years after years like clocks-works, hey hey.

15. Junket King

God-damn just been doing a little digging, seems a certain somebody was really pissed that Mark lost and accused him of ripping him off. Well at least Mark was straight up and told lungy what had happened to his freebie money, unlike Glenda who pretended it was for staving kids in Minnesota (there's a clue right there, would have been more credible had he said Bensonhurst).

A fool and his money, Glenda was more under-handed about it and even had the gall to call Mark out over it, I reckon Glenda received his gambling fund boost sometimes after 2017 >> LMFAO <<

16. Myrtlejones

Please explain so we all can understand, seems to me you think soxfan was part of the so called invested money from Lungyeh?

17. Myrtlejones

Stephen Tabone is that YOU?

18. Lungyeh

Unashamedly, I have said I am a trend follower. What I would bet after 5 Ps depend on previous results too simplified for a maths person. How much to bet comes the question. By my analysis, am I in a Hot Phase and do I push it or am I in a Killing Phase and cool it.

Jeff Bezos urges risk taking but dont risk the house. Different situations apply to different business owners. What I fo next in this case will not risk the house and will probably push for a repeat. Another may bet the house on a repeat or not. If he wins, he is a successful businessman. If he does not, he is a failure. Too many ifs. I did my risks taking 30 years ago so my decision making would be thus above.

19. Lungyeh

Still at it? Am I in your sick head? No response to all your postings you have to troll me here?

20. Lungyeh

I had used the words patterns and trends interchangeably in the past to mean the same team. But if it comes to a finer definition, I agree the more apt word would be pattern