1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge Keto thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GaryG, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Usually around 4and 5 day mark. Yes you get the hunger pain but I acknowledged it and not mentally dwell on the fact , put it out of the mind , have a sip of water/ coffee , remind myself I will eat shortly continue with what I was doing etc. the hunger pains diminish over time or so I felt at least , ( cognitive bias?), then I just forget about eating I guess. I can also watch people eat without feeling the need to eat at the same time and not feel hungry. I guess I can disassociate mentally quiet easily. Also seems easy when I do my month long no alcohol fasts every couple of months. No pun intended but hopefully that’s food for thought. Lol. Cheers

GaryG likes this.
  2. Punkcity

One meal a day is the start, push back the time later each day for that meal. As you do that always remind yourself that you never ever eat after say 9. Pm. if you haven’t eaten by then you can only eat the next day after 6pm but before 9 pm etc. in the between time don’t dwell on the eating or food fact. Cheers

GaryG likes this.
  3. GaryG

GaryG Active Member

Thx for the tips @Punkcity will try that out!

4. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

I have been intermittent fasting since 2017. I eat my first meal of the day at 1 p.m. My last meal of the day is 7 p.m. And I fast for the 18 hours in between. I eat absolutely nothing for those 18 hours. This is as good or even better than fasting for 2 or 3 days. I have not eaten over 20 grams of carb in a day in 4 years. It's usually between 12 and 15g a day. No pasta no potatoes no rice no regular bread nothing made with flour. Nothing made with corn, obviously nothing with sugar in it. I eat virtually no processed foods I make everything from scratch. I even make my own mayonnaise. I was making my own keto bread until I discovered this brand called Aunt Millie's that's made here in the Midwest that has one gram of carbs per slice and I eat that exclusively now. I eat lots of chicken breast and seafood. Very little red meat anymore because of the connection between saturated fat and dementia and Alzheimer's. This can affect you at any age, early dementia is very common and now that science has established a clear link between saturated fat and dementia I've given up on it. No red meat, no cheese, no milk products except sour cream which is low in fat. I get most of my dietary fat from things like avocados and chicken and fish. I eat a can of sardines everyday because they're so high in omega-3 fatty acids. But I also eat a lot of canned salmon and canned mackerel. I do not eat much tuna because of the mercury problem.

Punkcity likes this.
  5. Punkcity

Lol in jest.
    Lol

Just having a laugh spike, no hard feelings. Cheers

6. Punkcity

Spike I like the eat no red meat and agree with you there. I find you have to go organic chicken as here in skipptophia they pump hormones into chicken from day one.
    Mayo? I’m surprised but I guess it’s an American staple not overly big here, rarely come across it in bbq or party functions here. Would be years since I eaten it. Good effort spike diet wise , would never have picked it . I had you on crap food eating from day one , guess I was wrong.

7. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Without mayo how do you make chicken salad, or egg salad, or tuna salad. How do you make a BLT without mayo. How do you make potato salad. How do you make chip dips. Or deviled eggs. The list is endless, I cannot imagine life without mayonnaise. How boring.

You obviously can't tell the difference between shit and Shinola. Look it up Google is your friend

8. Punkcity

Cultural differences come to mind, but any concept other than yourself is obviously beyond you.
    No biggie, not quite sure who eats that shit you just discuss, not the people I associate with , but in your world who knows, who cares, not long now , no problem.

9. SPIKE

SPIKE Well-Known Member

Shit? Are you joking? Egg salad is a huge part of Japanese eating. Potato salad is a mainstay of American and European cuisine. Mayonnaise is it huge part of salad dressing all over the world. What do you guys use in the former penal colony, horse piss? That's right, you guys smear everything with that unholy crap the triggers the gag reflex, Vegemite. I had that shit once and spit it out in disgust. yuk.. That's why there are so many Australian restaurants in the world. Not.. There is Outback, which is fake Australian food. Nobody goes to Australia because the food is so great. Nobody..

10. Punkcity

11. Punkcity

Lol spike lol , I’ve run out of fingers , you just have so many buttons to push , lol.
    Lucky to get to 200 lol.

GaryG likes this.
  12. GaryG

GaryG Active Member

Mayo. A superfood

13. porky

porky Active Member

The funny thing is it was a doctor that came up with this type of diet long before anyone ever heard of Atkins or Keto.
    Instead of it becoming a national thing for treating obesity. It was put down by the government because of how their bread was buttered. Literally...... Vince Gironda known years ago as the Iron Guru would train movie and t.v. stars.....For fee naturally.....He would have men losing as much as 50 pounds in a month to get ready for a part. He was on most studios roladex......
    The diet was one meal a day supper. A big salad with all the goodies no croutons and a dressing of olive oil and vinegar. They also got a pound of steak....For training ten light weight exercises one after another. Now called circut training... I don't remember how many sets.... but every day....

14. Benny_Fox

Benny_Fox New Member

jupp keto here, eggs, and more eggs, and some chicken to that! trying to keep from dairy atm so chunking some coco fat as well ^^

15. hotjohnnn

hotjohnnn Member

First and most important lesson to be strong healthy and lean is to eat real food and no fake food.
    Intermittent fasting in my opinion is useless, to see some health benefits you need to fast for at least 24 hours.
    Best fast is for 72 and you can do it non stop until you hit your goal weight with some refeeds between.

16. Zhang Wei

Zhang Wei Active Member

No. The first lesson is to clean up the insides of your body. No efficient nutrient absorption can take place when everything is clogged.
    Keto meals are expensive where I live. Eating it once a week is manageable, but anything more than that it becomes unaffordable.
    I do month-long water fasts annually. I've been doing OMAD for like forever. Helps to keep the body lean and also saves quite a bit of food expenses.

17. Benny_Fox

Benny_Fox New Member

you go a month without eating? how is your work performance in that time?

18. Zhang Wei

Zhang Wei Active Member

My work performance during fasting is the same.
    I am just doing paperwork most of the time so it is fine.
    Please do not do any hard physical labour during long fasts cos it will tire you more easily.
    I am not sure if this description is accurate or not, but that tiredness felt like death.

19. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    I read a while ago there was an ancient Greek philosopher, Plato I think, who had his followers fast for an unbelievable 90 days before he would teach them, only then their minds were clear. Apparently the hungry pains diminish after a day or two according to the youtubers who fast for many days at a time.