1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Join our $5,000 Cash Giveaway!

    Win Cash by Posting and Inviting New Members!
  3. Have a gambling question?

    Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play sub-forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Pairs

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Jimske, Jul 20, 2019.

  1. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    Been a lot of discussion on pairs lately which reminded me of The Baccarat Code. Eugene mentioned it in another thread and JK mentioned he'd follow dom pairs if he had a choice so I thought I'd re-visit for fun.

    It seems that shoes that have significant side domination will do well with pairs - either side. The garbage shoes with little consistency? They shouldn't get hammered. A sudden long streak could do a lot of damage or a lot of good depending. But I thought it worthwhile to take a look being another way of mechanical bet placement.

    One shoe is the first dom shoe from Zumma that JK posted recently and the other my last live shoe which was pretty choppy. (sidebar: I did win 25 units on the choppy shoe. . . after last time out losing 73 units in an attempt to play Surewin - fortunately only a $5.00 experiment. And continued to not get a parlay after 20 bets!). I digress. Here's the results of the two shoes using The Baccarat Code.

    P.S. See how easy it is to explain a method using vertical scorecard?

    Pairs 1.png Pairs 2.png
     
  2. Junket King

    Junket King Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2016
    Likes:
    758
    Occupation:
    Professional Guesser
    Location:
    Tristan da Cunha
    What are those numbers on the right hand side?

    I think it is worth bearing in mind, if you no-bet the second hand of a pair (what Eugene proposed), you have a 75% chance on winning a bet, you only have a 25% chance of winning both placed bets.

    Sounds about right, I did test it back in the day, not for me...
     
  3. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    Those numbers show the frequency of the pairs. So the lower the numbers the stronger the pair is - supposedly.[/QUOTE]
     
  4. judge

    judge New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2019
    Likes:
    1
    Location:
    Texas
    Im new so cut me some slack but what is meant by Pairs
     
  5. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    Can mean different things depending on context. Generally talking about either B or P having consecutive occurence. PP BB 1 pair each but PPPP means P has 2 pairs.

    My first post here referenced that Dr. Li method "Baccarat Code" which looked at betting the dominant pair.
     
  6. judge

    judge New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2019
    Likes:
    1
    Location:
    Texas
    Thanks helping me out.
     
  7. Ravinderchawla

    Ravinderchawla New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2018
    Likes:
    0
    Location:
    India
    Any body tried Dr Lim's baccarat code betting method of dominant pairs
     

  8. Junket King

    Junket King Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2016
    Likes:
    758
    Occupation:
    Professional Guesser
    Location:
    Tristan da Cunha
    I read it back in the day. Wasn't prepared to risk money playing it, I gave away many copies to anybody who wanted it, which pissed him off big time. If it was good as he claimed, he would have kept it to himself and milked the casinos for everything he wanted, despite calling himself a Doctor, wasn't very good.

    If you're looking for a pair option, then follow the dominant pair!!! Betting pair are a nice concept, as you have a 75% chance of grabbing a win per 2 rounds of bets.
     
  9. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    Maybe you forgot about his method. That's all it does , Follow the dominant pair.
     
  10. Junket King

    Junket King Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2016
    Likes:
    758
    Occupation:
    Professional Guesser
    Location:
    Tristan da Cunha
    Probably, haven't looked at it in over 10 years.

    So basically I've just recommended a methodology at no cost that somebody else was charging for, how generous was that? LOL
     
  11. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    Recommended? LOL You've endorsed it!
     
  12. jbs

    jbs Active Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2015
    Likes:
    45
    How generous of you to recommend some worthless trash that will do nothing but make me lose money....
     
  13. Junket King

    Junket King Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2016
    Likes:
    758
    Occupation:
    Professional Guesser
    Location:
    Tristan da Cunha
    Ain't got time to read it, no doubt I'd run it differently, using a 2Col template and continued progression.
     
  14. Junket King

    Junket King Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2016
    Likes:
    758
    Occupation:
    Professional Guesser
    Location:
    Tristan da Cunha
    Hello misery guts, no improvement on the front front I see. Don't you have a gas oven, if life so so negative?? LOL
     

  15. judge

    judge New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2019
    Likes:
    1
    Location:
    Texas
    Could someone please explain dominant pairs. Do you count the pairs? Also what is considered dominant? So BB is a pair and PPPP is 2 pairs? is BBB 1 pair? Again, thanks for helping a newcomer out. Im retired with plenty of time on my hands. I'm trying hard to better understand the game and be a better player.

    Mark
     
  16. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    • This may help but not the only way to play pairs. This manual shows a way to determine dominant pairs but includes all four possible pairs: PP BB PB BP.
     

    Attached Files:

  17. Junket King

    Junket King Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2016
    Likes:
    758
    Occupation:
    Professional Guesser
    Location:
    Tristan da Cunha
    I've haven't got time or the inclination to go back and read the scammers material, suffice to say.

    Record a shoe using columns of 2's, assign numbers to each of the pairs, run a running count as each pair is concluded. Bet the pair that is ahead, until another takes the lead. Use a Labby (cancellation system), or whatever you prefer.

    Here is a small example (from memory far simpler than the original doco)

    Capture 2col.JPG
     
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  18. Ravinderchawla

    Ravinderchawla New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2018
    Likes:
    0
    Location:
    India
    What do the numbers below each column signify (2 2 3 4 1 & 4 1 1 4 1) & when do u start betting, cuz in the 1st five paired hands BP & PB hit twice each so no dom & why is the B in the top right corner boxed ?, thanks
     
  19. Jimske

    Jimske Active Member Founding Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Likes:
    117
    You might consider reading the manual I posted. It's not that difficult and a lot simpler than figuring out what JK is posting.

    It's just another bet placement method trying to exploit certain dominant conditions in a shoe. Like anything else going to have to put a betting system and MM along with it to be successful.

    Keep in mind there are other ways to look at pairs if you want.
     
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  20. judge

    judge New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2019
    Likes:
    1
    Location:
    Texas
    Thanks Jimske. Where would I find the manual you posted earlier? Under what topic. Thanks again.

    Mark
     

Share This Page