1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Post Edit Time

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by Linaway, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Linaway

Linaway New Member Lineage to Founders

Admin,

Why is this ridiculous rule forced on the members this business of a 5 minute timer. Once a post times out, you cannot edit it ever again. That's censorship IMO! Please incorporate the ability to edit posts at anytime. While I'm at it, I don't see a delete button. WHY? To inhibit the members is not wise.

Linaway

Harley likes this.
  2. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

The time limit exists to ensure members can't "rewrite history" by going back and trying to change what they said. This is particularly important in a Gambling Forum where outlandish claims are common and credibility is important.

To use an extreme example, imagine someone posts a Lottery prediction on Day 1 and then waits for the winnings numbers to come out on Day 2 and then goes back and edits his post claiming he correctly predicted the numbers.

If you need to add/clarify any information in one of your posts, you can just quote it and clarify it in a new post.

This maintains the integrity of the posts and members' words so that what everyone sees is precisely what was said at the time the message was posted.

We are stricter than other communities because we hold our members to a higher standard when it comes to their credibility.

Note that we do allow 5 minutes to edit posts to fix any typos, grammar, etc.

Harley likes this.
  3. Linaway

Okay, these are your rules. Here are mine.

I will not be held to your unreasonable standards. I don't wish to be a part of a forum that dictates such a rigid policy. Please remove me from your registry!

Linaway

4. Admin Team

We're sorry to hear that the ability to go back and change what you said is so important to you that you refuse to participate unless you have that option.

Unfortunately, there is no option to delete users. The closest thing is a ban. Would you like us to permanently ban your account? Please confirm.

5. Linaway

Not at this time. I'll have to give this serious thought. I do not like to be controlled. I have a huge amount of dice knowledge to share. I'm reluctant to do so under these conditions. The element of privacy is severely damaged with so many having access. Who knows, someone may prod me about a certain subject where I will be inclined to voice an opinion.

Linaway

Harley likes this.
  6. zengrifter

zengrifter Member Lineage to Founders

Serial Entrepreneur
    Amen to that!

7. $nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Active Member Founding Member

Retired
    Linaway -

Can YOU retract the " SPOKEN WORD " -

I KNOW that I can NOT -

I believe a 5 minute time frame to re-consider what you wrote is MORE than SUFFICIENT time to modify what you wrote -

YOU NOR I - is afforded THAT opportunity when we " SPEAK " -

The SPOKEN WORD can NOT be retracted - nor modified -

ONLY to be " EXPLAINED " -

If one does NOT like the " Pool Rules " -

Always remember that the door swings both ways !

IT opens IN - and - IT opens OUT ! -

Just be careful it does not strike any of us in the butt on our way out ! ;)

$...eE..$

8. Linaway

Snake,

Different strokes for different folks. You don't like to be controlled for I've seen you come unglued many times on the Craps Forum. Yes, even on this board. Be honest. How many times have you wanted to retract, correct, edit or delete a post and could not do so.

This board obviously does not allow the First Amendment!

You will never see this bone chucker give away my vast knowledge under these conditions. So don't even begin to attempt to intimidate me with your beliefs. I do not agree with them.

You couldn't do it on the Craps Forum and you sure as the world will never do it here or anywhere else.

Linaway

9. $nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Active Member Founding Member

Retired
    Linaway -

As I read YOUR words -

YOU are reluctant to disperse your " knowledge " of craps BECAUSE after YOU type it -

YOU can NOT " GO BACK " and CHANGE THINGS !

THOSE are YOUR words !

BTW - did you ever get a bank account yet ?

Must be tough trying to do business like they did in the 1800's !

$...eE..$

10. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    No need to start a new thread...... can you PLEASE expand the number of minutes we get to correct (edit) a post?

Its like five minutes, thats crazy. Two hours minimum would be nice.

Ken

Junket King likes this.
  11. Admin Team

Please see this previous thread regarding the Post Edit time.

12. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

2 hours is too long, Someone could post something, get a bunch of responses, and the change the post and say he never said it
    I like 10 min better,
    especially when trying to reread a long post

13. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    Can we negotiate? (lol) 15-20 minutes but certainly not 5.

Ken

14. AxelWolf

AxelWolf Well-Known Member

Guess
    Seriously 5 min to edit crap? Who's idea was that?

15. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

X10. This site is starting to grow on me. I can express myself without fear on suspension/banning because I expressed my opinion. But this 5 minute edit thing isn't cutting it for me. I barely have time to re-read my posts in 5 minutes. :mad:

Junket King likes this.
  16. Admin Team

Folks, you can preview your posts before submitting them by clicking the "More Options" button followed by the "Preview..." button to see the posts exactly as they will appear to others once you submit them.

The 5-minute post edit time limit is there to catch any mistakes you missed in the Preview and should be more than enough time if you preview your posts before submitting them.

We suspect most members complaining about the post edit time weren't aware of this Preview feature, and we take full responsibility for that as we should have informed our members about that feature from the start since it does not appear front and center.

There are a lot of useful feature about our site that we suspect aren't being used because our members don't know they exist. Bearing that in mind, would you folks be interested in a guide detailing and explaining all of our features?

17. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    A suggestions I would like to make;

The five minute edit option after you submit a post, can you extent this to say 15 minutes. Even better would be to allow posters to 'go back' and edit or remove previously submitted messages?