1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Profile Posts (standards)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by Junket King, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    Dear Admin

I'd like to raise the question of what is and what isn't allowed in profile posts, given that profile posts show on the home page of this forum.

It follows a Canadian member use of the word CUNT which was surreptitiously aimed at a another member. Obviously seeing the word CUNT on the home page of this forum doesn't present a good image for the board.

So I have a couple of questions, what is deemed acceptable and unacceptable on profile posts, secondly the word "cunt", is this acceptable language when not aimed at anybody specifically?

The member in question has a track record of when it comes to the usage of this word, twice it was aimed at myself and the third time with aiming it at me directly he did add the word Limey, which left no doubt whom it was aimed at. Good job there is no 3 strike rule and your out!!

As they remain free to post here and continue using the word cunt, one can only assume other than the usual warning PM, your access may be restricted/ slowed, no consequential action was taken.

Regards

egalite aka JunketKing

2. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We have never fully addressed what is and is not allowed in Profile Posts, so this is a good opportunity to discuss this openly with the community.

Because Profiles Posts are displayed on our homepage, we are of the opinion that they should be professional and not a free-for-all. Also, this would ensure Profile Posts cannot be used to circumvent our rules to potentially disrespect other members like you allege which could then set off a flame war in Profile Posts.

How do folks feel about Profile Posts having to be professional at all times with no curse words?

3. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    Yes I agree with this, but would also like clarification on the word cunt, is this acceptable if not aimed at anybody specifically?

I think the F word should be tolerated within limits, however the C word should not.

4. Admin Team

For regular posts, we don't currently take action on curse words that are not aimed at a specific member. We of course prefer that all posts be professional on our site and that curse words not be used, but understand that we are perceived as a more relaxed and open community where our members feel more free to express their true opinions on all matters, so for the time being we are OK with maintaining the status quo of no taking action on curse words in regular posts that are not directed at any specific members.

We are also open to prohibiting curse words in general if that is what the community prefers, but if we go down that road, then we don't believe we would pick and choose which curse words are acceptable and would simply have a blanket prohibition on all curse words since there are too many cultural difference between countries and even regions within countries to come up with a satisfactory list of what is acceptable and what is not.

So we believe the better approach for regular posts is either curses are allowed or they are not.

Regarding the Profile Posts, if we do not receive any further feedback, then we will be adding a clarification to our rules that Profile Posts must be professional (e.g. no curse words) since they actually display on the homepage of our site.

5. Admin Team

We have not received any objections in over a week, so we have gone ahead and clarified our rules stating that profile posts must be professional (since they display on our homepage). Unprofessional profile posts will be deleted, so please report any such profile posts so that we can take action. Thank you.

Junket King likes this.