1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge The Glen remains open

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Junket King, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

So how does Fisk know? Is he saying he knows your IP over here? Your name? Your city? Maybe you guys are friends offline.

Nice to meet someone who doesn't need or want easy money. You may be the first. Congrats on your success.

2. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    Even less rules than on here, no graveyard section and little avenue for rebuttal, perfect.

3. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

And I have no issue with any of that.

Still interested in the business standpoint of it. But it may have been a small amount paid by someone just to keep it from vultures who would squat on the name and try and sell it for big bucks.

4. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

double post, never had that happen here.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Fisk

Fisk Member

You're using me as the "verification"?

It was a bit of a snarky joke. 1BB, while about as tenacious as you, was usually right on point. People often bitched about him never letting anything go, but there was no room to bitch about WHAT he wasn't letting go. He was on point. No exaggeration, no reach, just the facts, ma'am.

I find you to reach a lot. Some of your claims I would label as "wild" or "unfounded", something that was entirely missing from 1BB's persona, hence my observation. And that's what it was, an observation. Certainly not proof.

Will the real 1BB please stand up...

6. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

As always Fisk is the voice of reason. So Freddy I think we both agree Fisk is one of the few good guys without an agenda. And yet your proof is gone.

Not going to throw another bet out there, too many out there you declined already. But I am going to continue you to address you as 1BB moving forward without hesitation.

The reasons I believe you are 1BB were posted before. Still would be nice to know who you post as at WOV since you have so many "friends" over there you like to PM with and can't live without the account on the site you hate so much. Irony anyone?

7. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Long live GamblersGlen!!!!

appistappis likes this.

8. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Sorry, Fisk. I thought you and 1BB had some type of relationship outside the board...communication or whatnot. We'll let Bozzie go on with his obsession....as unhealthy and creepy as it is.

Sorry for the confusion.

9. Fisk

Fisk Member

Unfortunately, no. Haven't heard a peep about him, and there are certainly folks who would make an address if he turned up. Seems to have vanished into thin air, sad to say.

Maybe one of you will indulge me here...

What the big issue with socks? I ask because Axel gave a pretty good reason, one that I'd not have thought of on my own. But his reason doesn't really apply here, so it's got me curious.

Would your opinion of freddy change if you knew he was 1BB, or vice versa? Would said change be dramatic in nature? I can say I'd like to know who people's former moniker was, but I can't say that I can explain why. Perhaps if you can, it'll help me passed that hurdle.

10. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

I guess knowing who someone was before... allows to be able to gauge BS.
    Lets say shackelford went to another site under a different name, and pledged his love to his wife, and tells everyone how much he respects her.
    But then we later find out who he was under another moniker where he refered to her as a ball and chain type person.

So you want to know you are having a discussion with a persons real views rather than the persona of todays screen name. There is something to being able to feel like you are debating real people with real views...and not just todays screenname persona.

11. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

To me it's also about context and trying to see why someone has the opinions they do. I believe some of why Larry feels like he does is because he was banned at WoV. He sees it as unjust and still isn't sure why he was. Mr V is often a voice of reason who says what he thinks everywhere he posts. It's consistent and refreshing. I know many of the other guys who post here occasionally from over here and again it's easy to see who they are and put the message into context. OAB is obviously someone with a history on forums. Some seem to know who he is.
    Freddy comes off as someone bitter without saying why. He says he still is a member at WoV, but don't spout off his feelings about Wiz and how he runs the site over there that I can see. If he is 1BB it would make a lot more sense why he acts like he does over here. Hard to believe someone would come out of nowhere just to bash WoV, day after day without skin in the game. It's illogical in my world, there always is a reason to be so angry like he appears to be. If he is not 1BB and is just another member like he says he is over there, it's cowardly in my opinion to use the site and not express how he obviously feels. Or both are true and he was 1BB and also uses another account over there, but it means too much to him to lose access to the site. That to me is the worst and most believable of all options.

But all of that is me, just as many could care less who someone is elsewhere it seems.

12. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    Great, that's the home of crowd favorites like the Global Effect, Elegant Patterns, and Reading Randomness. And let's not forget snowman, in golf, a snowman is an 8. That's appropriate too because snowman is a real validated 8-ball.

13. Fisk

Fisk Member

Thanks for the replies Larry and Boz. I guess it makes sense; I think I was just making it more complicated than it need be.

But... I dunno... where's the motive? 1BB sure as shit wasn't no shrinking violet. He called what he saw every time. I remember he even called me out saying my posts about my divorce were a hoax. That takes balls. Nothing about the man gave me the impression he'd feel the need to hide, and him verifying he is freddy, if that were the case, would have no bearing on his puppetry at WoV.

As always, I'm stuck on the "why". The only thing remotely plausible I can think of is that his friends at WoV know him as 1BB and he doesn't want to be associated with the WoV bashing persona of freddy, but though that's the only plausible scenario I can think of, it doesn't jive with 1BB's "call it like it is" attitude. I can't imagine 1BB giving a shit, in other words.

Ugh, now you went and piqued my curiosity. I'll be chewing on this all month ><

freddy, just pm me with your alias so I can sleep tonight. I promise you won't be "bakdoff" from WoV ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  14. LarryS

the thing about 1BB was that he was very clinical in his comments. This drove people crazy. The more people tried to poke him and get a reaction, the more calm his response would be. He understood the power of restraint and quiet in presenting his point in a calm factual manner.
    Since he had supreme command of the english language and real good reasoning powers, that all he needed. He didnt need to get loud or emotional or respond in kind to loud and emotional goading.
    Freddy has a different style. He will get back in your face if you provoke. Unlike 1BB.

1BB posted as if he were writing a term paper....with that type of non emotion.

they both hit their target.//but 1bb hit the target with a finely feathered arrow,,,,and freddy hits it with a bazooka,,,i am in that category as well.

in fact when MrV came here initially he asked me on GG if I was freddy.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016

15. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

I do remember 1BB losing it when I continued to suggest he was trying to buy WOV. Look at that exchange and compare it to Freddy getting pissed here. Some close similarities. If I am wrong on him being 1BB, there is no doubt he is not a newcomer to the gambling forum scene.

16. LarryS

i dont see anything to "look at"