1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Doxxing: Should we create a new rule prohibiting doxxing?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by Admin Team, Jul 4, 2016.

?

Should we create a new rule prohibiting doxxing (e.g. posting personally identifiable information)?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bbbabs

Bbbabs New Member

So.

I tried to contact the owners of this website last week when I heard about being doxed here. I could not find any contact links on the front of the forum. And I refused to sign up at that time for this cesspool as a member and add to your population count, just to ask you to take down my stolen picture and identification, which is NOT in the public domain.

Although it seems I'm already a member, though I don't believe I've visited; perhaps I signed up when you first opened and didnt use an email or password i can find now, but more likely someone has reserved my forum name for their own purposes. So please disregard anything posted as "beachbumbabs", as it will be or has been a sock puppet.

I appreciate that you are attempting to take action. You are extremely tardy in doing so, both with the original image posted by Junket King left up, and how many taking it for an avatar to further mock me. You have, in fact, caused problems for me; congratulations. I hope the price you will pay makes it worth doing.

I would like to thank my many friends and those who felt compelled through basic decency to speak out against this on my behalf, even if they don't consider me a friend. Classy, guys, to stand for me when I wasn't here myself. Much appreciated.

I signed up today in order to file a formal complaint against you, per your stated policy above, as it seems I must be a member and publicly acknowledge that you have doxed me in order to get anything done about it. Just a little more humiliation contained in that methodology; might want to work on that.

You may reply further via the email I used for signup, or publicly if you wish to instruct the forum about your actions. I would suggest you act on removing my image from your website as soon as possible to show your sincere intentions; for my part, I don't know whether it's gone or not, since I can't imagine returning to that vile thread to find out.

You also might want to consider a code of conduct; I myself don't like the strictness of the wov rules, but I didn't write them. On the other hand, your allowing unrestrained and profane attacks on people probably drives away 3 customers for every train wreck enthusiast that joins. Your call, of course.

Thank you for your prompt response to my request.

The real beachbumbabs

beachedwhale likes this.
  2. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

Good luck Babs. It's obvious these owners are only looking for hits and have no common decency. I hope I am wrong, but with what HowMany has done, it's obvious they don't care.

I hope you don't add to their goal by posting here ( even with you obvious liberal bias, lol).

beachedwhale likes this.
  3. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    The whole thing has too many holes in it, and near impossible to police. Bacaratfrom79 with his Gold Monkey tales a former prominent poster at WoV posts pictures of himself. Stanton's phone number and address was posted on GG, nothing came of it, WoN posts his OWN phone number on this board and claimed we are all pussies cos' he didn't received a single call.

There are race hate groups on FB that post stills from scuffles asking "find this person", "were coming after you" ect. It goes on everywhere. People might not like it, but it happens, so why should a so called uncensored gambling site be more restrictive than the internet at large, because you consider yourself an AP perhaps (subjective), invasion of privacy (happens all the time), or it just happens to be you. I'm sure Jennifer Lawrence didn't like those nude shots plastered on the net, once the genie is out the bottle it is damn near impossible to close the lid.

Regarding the pictures of that mod at WoV, an event which no doubt instigated this debate, it is my understanding there had previously been pictures of the said person posted on that board without any complaint (at the time). The real issue here is that an unfaltering photograph was published, had she been blessed with movie star looks and 150lbs lighter perhaps, I'm sure that picture would still be available on WoV, the real issue here is not one of privacy, rather one of vanity. That picture of BBB is out there, will forever be out there, it is linked on the GG site and others.

zz once seen.jpg

beachedwhale likes this.
  4. Junket King

You have cause problems, distress for MANY

That is to be a wind up surely, why don't you moderate the board like your compatriots. NO it's YOUR CHOICE to act like a BITCH, it's YOUR CHOICE to remain in your role at WoV (how many have asked you to step down), it's your choice to spend a month trying to determine if somebody was somebody else. You chastises, berate, upset people and now don't like it when they act in kind, albeit on another forum, reap what you fucking sow. It doesn't require a sociology degree to deuce where it stems from.

And your itchy finger Nuke count is?

beachedwhale and bluechow like this.
  5. Wizardofnothing

Wizardofnothing Well-Known Member

Hey junkie- so if I have information on you that I have been holding back on and post your home address and name then am I correct that you will not be upset?

beachedwhale likes this.
  6. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

And then there were three...WOV mods that is.

Nice try beached whale...coming here and trying to DICKtate to the admins. Good luck with that. Another WOV me me me. And you have a hall of shame?

Here's one definition of doxing. "Doxing is the process of retrieving, hacking and publishing other people's information such as names, addresses, phone numbers and credit card details. Has that happened to you, beached whale? No, it has not. You were not doxed and you know it. So does everyone else. Maybe they'll believe you on your site but not here. Nobody posted any of those details about you and they would not be hard to find.

There are pictures of you on WOV right now as well as GG and here. They all came from WOV. They are out there so get over yourself. You're the one who wanted to be a mod. It could be argued that you are a public or semi public figure like your idol manboy.

Vile? Profane? Sometimes and the number one offender is your very own Wizard of Nothing aka Wizard of ISIS. Now that's a train wreck. Do you have any comment about him?

Glad, after all those sleepless nights, you finally got this off your chest. Speaking of chests, maybe Wizard of ISIS is available for you to sit on his chest.

In the meantime, take the advice of Ibeatyouraces and others and step down.

7. Junket King

So this site is a cesspool, if the owners of this board need any reason not to remove those photo's, well there it is. The gall of somebody becoming a member call the forum a cesspool and expect the admin's to bow to her demands.. I'm sure that will work.

Fuck off yer pound of lard.

8. Junket King

Couldn't give a rats arse, nobody swamped Stanton's house with Pizza's, nobody called him or you, we're all internet keyboard warriors aren't we, so why should I care. People are making too big a deal out of it, exposing AP's my arse, do you really think the three stooges in "The Famous" photograph are now in some Griffith book?

You might argue, but what "outside of gambling activities"? If my memory serves me right, didn't BBB once state on WoV that when she went to Hawaii for a work assignment, they took an INSTANT dislike to her!!!! I will have to think long and extremely hard to think why that would have happened.

As she obviously has so much time on her hands (1 month doing forum detective work so she could nuke somebody), I would strongly suggest she diverts some of that time browsing the "well-being" section of her local bookstore, or join a 'feeder' fetish forum..

If you act like a c*^t, you shouldn't really complain when it bites you in the arse.

beachedwhale likes this.
  9. Wizardofnothing

So from a human standpoint you really think it's right?

beachedwhale likes this.
  10. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

Check the footer. There is a "Contact Us" link there. The footer of a site is The most common place to find a "Contact Us" link on websites.

Here you are free to call our community a "cesspool" and even insult us and you will not suffer any consequences. This allows you to speak your mind freely and not hold anything back. We encourage you to continue speaking your mind freely here.

That account registered in August 2015. If that account is not yours, we can assist you in claiming it so that you are not misrepresented here by someone else.

You're welcome, but you can thank our members for originally proposing it.

We discuss new rules here with our community before implementing them. We don't take action here based on rules that do not yet exist.

We aren't paying any price and it's not our intention to cause problems for anyone. We are simply an uncensored gambling community that is finalizing plans to introduce an anti-doxxing rule. Your sarcastic congratulatory tone suggests we are somehow responsible for doxxing you and take joy in it when we don't even know who you are or in which posts you've been doxxed. Furthermore, keep in mind that you could have joined our community the moment you first noticed you were doxxed and proposed this new rule and we could have taken action by now.

This is not "stated policy". We are currently finalizing the policy and our most recent post on the matter offered a compromise solution where such a public post would not be required. You have precipitated yourself unnecessarily, so the additional humiliation you perceive is of your own doing, but it does at least assist us in illustrating the point Jeffers was making.

As mentioned above, we are. That is the entire point of this thread, to create a new rule to protect people such as yourself from being doxxed.

You are making the incorrect assumption that we know who you are and the picture you are referring to when we actually don't know who you are or which picture you are referring to. Please do not assume that we know what our members know. In most cases, we don't. We aren't even gamblers and this is our first gambling-related community. We also don't read every post. We will contact you privately so that you can inform us.

It's actually our members' call. It's up to our members to make of this site what they wish. They can propose new rules which we can discuss as a community to give our members the kind of community they want. We don't dictate the wants of our members. Based on your post, we surmise that you've known about our existence for a while, yet you chose not participate earlier to help set a more positive tone for this community. The old adage applies her: "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem." So we encourage you to help shape this community in a way you feel would be more positive. If you choose not to participate and help shape it, then your complaints to us about it are rather pointless since we aren't the ones who set the tone or direction of this community.

We will send you a private message to get more details from you because we do not know who you are or which picture you are referring to. We'll also assist you in claiming your username.

11. Junket King

This is what I think, if you zone in on me, annoy, piss me off to a certain degree, a scammer, then any tidbit of information that is obtained and posted which causes you embarrassment and makes you feel uncomfortable is alright by me. Otherwise it's probably not right, but don't really care and would look at he reason behind somebody posting personal info.

Regarding putting faces to names of the Wiz mods, they were already out there. BBB (a pictures she likes is ok by her) is/was available on WoV, Manboy is everywhere, Mission (via youtube), Face (via yourtube & WoV, he prob didn't realize it). It is like when you go around to a relatives house and they have an old photo of you which you don't like you want them to rip it up, this is all about VANITY not PRIVACY.

No names, addresses, have been posted, the only personal details posted here, is some dickhead posting his own phone number (it's now on the GG site BTW).

I suggest the admin takes into account the ID's voting in the poll, cos' it seems like an awful lot of the WoV herd are coming here attempting to change the intent of the board.

beachedwhale likes this.
  12. Admin Team

We want to thank everyone for their feedback regarding this new rule proposal.

Here is how we are implementing the anti-doxxing rule based on all the community feedback we have received.
    • It applies to anyone not already using their names and pictures publicly.

• It applies to all private personal details (e.g. name, address, picture, family, etc.).

• It applies retroactively.

• All doxxing will need to be reported to us by using the "Report" link in the offending post.

• Obvious doxxing can be reported by any member and will be removed by us as soon as we see it.

• Non-obvious doxxing such as pictures will need to be reported to us specifically by the complainant. This will require them to register an account here if they do not already have one, but they will not have to make any public statements since the "Report" feature is private and only we can see them. We will then have the option of sending the complainant a Private Message in case we need more details to confirm the've been doxxed. This will ensure the entire matter can be resolved privately while keeping the entire process on-site.

• If a member doxxes themselves, their post will not be edited in the future to remove their personal details.

• All doxxing that we remove will be replaced with an edit detailing the removal for the sake of transparency.

This rule is now in effect, so please report all doxxing (past, present, and future) to bring it to our attention. Thank you.

beachedwhale likes this.
  13. Junket King

With this rule change, where does it leave a picture like this?
    Allowed, prohibited?
    WoV1 small.jpg

beachedwhale likes this.
  14. Admin Team

We don't know the context of this photo, but the rule of thumb we will use is a simple one: if a person can be identified by a picture, then they will have a right to ask for it to be removed. So even if their face is covered, if their clothing, jewelry, birthmark, etc. gives their identity away, then they can report it and ask for it to be removed. However, they will need to justify to us how they can be identified by such a picture (e.g. that hides their face), and if we can tell that it's them despite their face being covered, we will remove it.

We want AP'ers to participate in this community and we understand that their privacy is paramount. Since we can't be the judges of who is and who isn't an AP'er, this rule applies to all members. So if covering their face can still identify a member/AP'er and where they've been, then they have a right to have that photo removed.

The intention of our uncensored nature is not to doxx people. It's to create a safe haven where anyone can discuss any gambling topic or idea -- no matter how controversial -- without fear of repercussions.

beachedwhale likes this.

15. Wizardofnothing

So we sh
    So the above picture is going to be removed ASAP correct?

beachedwhale likes this.
  16. Admin Team

We don't know the context of that picture or who is in it, so the people in the picture would have to report it to us and explain the context and how it identifies them despite it not showing any faces.

beachedwhale and Junket King like this.
  17. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

It's amazing that bbb; one of the biggest participants in the "shaming" ritual at wov.....comes here to complain about distress she feels from posts here.

Someone who thought it was funny for someone to post a betting line of the death of Eb....is offended when "Beached whale" is used.

And you know...face also thinks the rules are too strict at wov......and I believe him because he rarely punishes. He walks the walk
    Beached whale just talks the talk but keeps being a willing punisher.
    I don't see evidence that she thinks the rules are too strict. ....at least from her actions.

beachedwhale likes this.
  18. Wizardofnothing

And you care why?

beachedwhale likes this.
  19. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

Since the doxxing issue has been brought up again, I thought I'd quote the reply I made to beached whale back in July when she came here whining and making demands. A definition of doxxing is in that post.

Nothing posted about her remotely comes close to doxxing. Her full name is mentioned in more than one WOV post. She has had ample time to remove it if she so desired. She has not. We know she can...remember something about her removing a photo of herself she didn't like? She freely tells everyone that she's from the East coast of Florida near the space launch. No one searched the internet (another definition of doxxing) to retrieve and publish her information.

So where is the doxxing? Calling her names? No. The things that HowMany and others say about her? No. Those are just insults against a screen name. Nobody posted her address, phone number, real estate records, credit card numbers or anything else. No doxxing here.

Why would an old hag join a gambling forum anyway? Be one of 2 or 3 female posters among all males? Many very young. And why become a mod? Some type of sick fantasy? Or maybe...just maybe she has an agenda. Could it be that she joined to further her failed game invention? To use manboy and the couple of REAL game designers on the site?

beachedwhale likes this.
  20. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with Freddy. And for those who continue to say he was 1BB at WoV and is only here to continue to show how upset he is that they banned him they are wrong. TRUST ME!

beachedwhale likes this.